Asian Foreign Country Membership
to the Japan Oil Chemists’ Society (JOCS)
Qualifications for Membership
Asian foreign country member [type D]:
The applicant shall be an individual who agrees with the objectives of the Japan Oil Chemists’
Society (JOCS) and who is not a Japanese national. (However, persons residing in Japan
Asian foreign country student member [type E]:
The applicant shall be a student who agrees with the objectives of JOCS and who is not
a Japanese national. (However, persons residing in Japan are exempted.)
Please attach a copy of your student identification (ID) card.
Benefits and Privileges
(1) Each member will be issued a JOCS membership number.
(2) Members may submit manuscripts to JOCS journals in accordance with manuscript submission
(3) Members will be able to present their research at the annual meeting, as well as other events,
held by JOCS.
(4) Members shall receive priority distribution of books and other publications edited and published
by JOCS, and will also receive priority attendance at JOCS events.
(5) Members may participate in the JOCS operations committee, district activities, and professional
specialty division activities.
(6) Members have the opportunity to be invited to the annual meeting and related meetings held
(In such cases, JOCS will be responsible for a portion of the member’s travel expenses, etc.)